Being nervous about the results was fun in that torturous kind of way, like tickles, stage fright, wasabi and brain freeze.
Despite my promise to love the prints regardless of the outcome, deep down inside there were lots of "please please please" hoping that there was no damage to the camera and that the shots would come out.
You see, when I took the camera out for the first time, it felt like the shutter blades were stuck. Than it was working, I thought... but still was not 100% certain. This camera, had after all been sitting in a - granted clean and air conditioned- closet for 20+ years, so really there was no guarantee to it's functionality.
While I can see so many imperfections and am now thinking of how I could have gotten better results; I will admit unabashedly, that my heart skipped a beat, when, upon opening the white envelope, I discovered that there were exposed shots and that my Rolleiflex is in great shape. I would have loved it as deco but I just love it oh so much more as a working camera :)
Here are some cell phone pictures of the prints. And yes, a scanner is on the shopping list...
| This is the first shot taken, the glare in the upper right corner is not on the print |
| Second Verazzano Bridge shot |
| Inside the apartment, taken while trying to figure out if the shutter blades were really sticking together |
| Is this working? this is a mistake shot but the spinning wheel in the background is noteworthy enough |
| At rehearsal |
No comments:
Post a Comment